Friday, August 6, 2010

Truth in tension (around here)

So as I begin to share about my journey in worship I want to shed some light on the direction.

First,
I will share some things the Lord has showed me recently, just remember that they were intended for where I was at and may be quite specific. In other words I don't necessarily think that it should be applied to everyone in every situation.

Second
I believe that truth (in many cases) exists in tension. Somebody once said that truth is like the string on a bow, taught between two points that propels the arrow straight. The biblical example I've always heard this idea demonstrated by these two verses...

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26

"For God said, 'honor your father and mother' and 'He who speaks evil of father or mother is to be put to death' Matt. 15:4

Which is it honor or hate? Truth comes in understanding both ideas. If you were to take only one or the other you wouldn't have the fullness of truth that Jesus intended. All that to say in this blog as I will explore some of what the Lord is teaching me and I believe that God revealed these tings in the way that He did in order to bring tension where there may be imbalance of truth.


This in no way flies in the face of absolute truth.... There are absolute truths in scripture that must not be tainted or altered or relegated. These truths I do not call into question.

No comments:

Post a Comment